Petrol Mower With Roller
Choosing the right mower for the job needs careful thought and consideration. There are many factors to take into consideration such as the size of the garden, is it on a hill or slope, does it have flower borders or trees to cut around and what sort of finish would you prefer either striped or not striped. Another factor is also how long it takes to cut the grass....
Get Perfect Stripes with a Mower with a RollerThe typical quintessential striped garden can be achieved with a petrol mower with roller. This type of mower is the ideal machine create a lovely striped finish due to the rear roller at the back of the machine which flattens the grass one way then flattens the grass the opposite way on the return cut producing a really fantastic finish on the lawn. These petrol mowers with rollers tend to be heavier than the typical 4 wheeled mower due to the weight of the roller, and are suitable for lawns which are quite flat and uniform in appearance. They are not a very practical mower for uneven ground or a undulating garden as they will potentially scalp the lawn and cut the roots leaving it looking very messy and unsightly. If the lawn is very uneven and bumpy then a 4 wheeled mower will be a better option than a petrol mower with roller. Petrol mowers with rollers can tackle fairly long grass if you raise the height of cut to the highest level for the first cut and then take it down gradually to the lower heights of cut, you should not put it on the lowest height of cut option when the grass is longer. If you have a tendency to leave your lawn and don't mow regularly then a petrol mower with roller may not be the right type of mower for you.
Mowers with rollers are perfect for level gardensTraditionally petrol mowers with rollers are the ideal machines to be used in level gardens with flower borders and cut outs as these machines make it much easier for the operator to cut the grass due to the fact that the roller can go over the edge of the border whilst balancing the machine without scalping the edges of the lawn like a 4 wheeled mower can do when 2 wheels are off the ground. The Roller also helps to support the weight rather than you trying to balance the mower and hold the weight of the mower when 2 wheels are off the ground. An additional advantage of a petrol mower with roller is it will cut the grass a lot shorter than a 4 wheeled mower as the height of cut adjustment on a roller mower is a lot lower but this means that during the growing season you made need to cut the grass more regularly to keep it short and get the best finish.
Self Propelled Mowers with RollersMost petrol mowers with rollers tend to come with a self-propelled function which drives the mower along at a single speed with the operator following behind. There are a few brands which make a roller push propelled version but only only on the smaller width of cut models. The idea behind the self-propelled function is that it takes the hard work our of mowing especially with heavier mowers making them easy to use and creating a more pleasurable and less strenuous experience for the user. The self-propelled drive also saves time when mowing due to the constant even speed and is perfect for larger gardens and smaller gardens with slight slopes much more manageable. If the mower is used and operated by more than one person then a variable speed self-propelled option maybe more suitable as the speed at which the mower travels can be set by the operator to a more comfortable pace for the individual. A smaller level garden may not require a self-propelled option therefore a push propelled petrol mower with roller would be a cheaper ad more practical option as the self-propelled versions are more expensive.
Width of CutThe last decision to be made is which width of cut mower would be the most suitable for you garden and there are a few factors to consider such as the wider the cut the less time it takes to cut the grass so if you enjoy gardening you may go for a slightly lighter and more manageable size petrol mower with roller but this would mean taking slightly longer to cut the grass with potentially needing to empty the grass box more often due to the smaller grass box size and also the need to go up and down a few more times whereas a wider cut would cut wider strips and have a bigger litre grass box. A smaller petrol mower with roller may also be more manoeuvrable if you have lots of borders or fiddly sections in the garden. Bigger communal areas or larger gardens and estates would also be more suited to a wider cutting width with the self propelled option to reduce fatigue when mowing for longer periods of time.
- Atco Liner 19SH V Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £979.00 Special Price £849.00Out of stock
- Atco Liner 19SH VSC Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £1,199.00 Special Price £999.00
- Atco Liner 22SH BBC Self Propelled Rear Roller LawnmowerRegular Price £1,229.00 Special Price £1,099.00
- Atco Liner 22SH V Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £1,199.00 Special Price £999.00Out of stock
- Cobra RM40C 16 Inch Push Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £349.00 Special Price £319.99
- Cobra RM40SPB Briggs & Stratton 16 Inch S/P Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £436.00 Special Price £400.00
- Cobra RM40SPC 16 Inch S/P Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £382.00 Special Price £349.99
- Cobra RM40SPCE 16 Inch E/S S/P Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £436.99 Special Price £400.00
- Cobra RM433SPBI 17" S/P InStart Rear Roller LawnmowerRegular Price £599.99 Special Price £550.00
- Cobra RM46SPB Briggs and Stratton 18 Inch S/P Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £487.99 Special Price £449.99
- Cobra RM46SPBR Briggs & Stratton 18 Inch S/P Rear Roller LawnmowerRegular Price £517.00 Special Price £475.00
- Cobra RM46SPC 18 Inch S/P Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £355.00 Special Price £329.99Out of stock
- Cobra RM46SPCE 18 Inch Electric Start Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £520.99 Special Price £479.99
- Cobra RM46SPH Honda 18 Inch S/P Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £497.99 Special Price £454.99
- Cobra RM48SPS 19 Inch S/P Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £1,060.00 Special Price £1,000.00Out of stock
- Cobra RM513SPBI 20" S/P InStart Rear Roller LawnmowerRegular Price £700.98 Special Price £635.99
- Cobra RM514SPC 20" S/P Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £541.99 Special Price £499.99
- Cobra RM53SPH 21 Inch S/P Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £1,169.99 Special Price £1,120.00Out of stock
- Cobra RM53SPH-PRO 21 Inch S/P Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £1,300.00 Special Price £1,240.00Out of stock
- Masport Rotarola RRSP 22 Self-Propelled Rear Roller Petrol Lawn MowerRegular Price £930.00 Special Price £889.00
- Masport Rotarola RRSP Self-Propelled 18" Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £799.00 Special Price £730.00Out of stock
- Masport Rotarola RRSP-H Honda 18" Rear Roller Petrol LawnmowerRegular Price £890.00 Special Price £805.00Out of stock
- Masport RRSP Instart Self Propelled Rear Roller Lawn MowerRegular Price £920.00 Special Price £840.00Out of stock
- Weibang Legacy 48 Pro BBC Rear Roller LawnmowerRegular Price £1,529.00 Special Price £1,379.00
- Weibang Legacy 48 Pro Rear Roller LawnmowerRegular Price £1,429.00 Special Price £1,279.00Out of stock
- Weibang Legacy 56 Pro Rear Roller LawnmowerRegular Price £1,549.00 Special Price £1,399.00Out of stock